The Community Capacity Building Programme for 2018 – 2019 will commence in September and is detailed in the attachment below along with the registration form for courses.
Community Capacity Programme 2018-2019 (290Kb)
Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council believes in putting you, the community, at the heart of everything it does.
The Community Development Team exists to assist community and voluntary groups by providing information and support on any of the following areas:
- Setting up a new group – support with constitutions, insurance, bank accounts etc.
- Deciding on a legal structure - constituted group, company limited by guarantee, charity registration
- Projects – ideas, development
- Support with events - planning, organisation, management
- Training for committee members on a wide range of community development topics
- Networking – developing relationships with other organisations that can help support the work of your group
- Ongoing good practice in all areas of community development
- Grant Aid – information on what support is available from Council and externally from other organisations
- Fundraising – support with ways to boost your group’s income without applying for funding or grant aid, e.g. fundraising events, corporate sponsorship or income maximisation
- Developing Good Relations programmes, activities or events
- Communications – keeping groups informed about relevant information for the community and voluntary sector (CVS)
For further information on any of the above support services please contact the Community Development Team on Tel: 028 9446 3113 or 9034 0000 or Email: [email protected].
Health & Safety For Outdoor Community Events (1MB)
Northern Ireland Council for Voluntary Action (NICVA)
Supporting Communities NI
Antrim District Communities Network – Council supports an independent website for the Community and Voluntary Sector (CVS) in the District. If you would like register your group on this site and find out how to develop a web page, please contact the team as detailed above.