Dunsilly is the most rural of the 7 DEAs, it includes 5 electoral wards: Cranfield, Parkgate, Randalstown, Toome & Shilvodan. The natural assets of the area are Lough Neagh and Tardree Forest.
- 13% of the population of the Borough live in this DEA in 6,087 households.
- There was a 13% population growth in this area over the 10 years 2004-2014.
- 39% of the population of this area have dependent children.
- Almost half (47.3%) of households have access to 2 cars/vans.
- 38.7% of homes are owned outright.
- There are 12 primary schools and 1,720 pupils, 1 post primary school and 1,495 pupils of post primary age and 4 pre-schools.
Did You Know:
This DEA stretches from the edges of Ballyclare and Antrim to the shores of Lough Neagh.
There is 1 library within this area.
Health is good with 84% of people in good/very good health however 5.6% have a chronic illness.
This DEA has 3 chemists, 2 GP practices, and 3 dentists.
There were 21 Invest NI Start ups in 2014/2015 and 8 of these were in the rural village of Parkgate.
11.7% of people within this DEA provide unpaid care to sick or disabled relatives.
Almost 1 in 4 (16+) have no qualifications, with 27% (16+) qualified to Level 4 and above.
Dunsilly DEA Profile