Antrim Town DEA
On the shores of Lough Neagh, the urban DEA of Antrim Town includes the 6 electoral wards of: Antrim Centre, Fountain Hill, Greystone, Springfarm, Steeple and Stiles. The area’s assets include the tourist attraction and historic gem, Antrim Castle Gardens and Clotworthy House, 2 shopping centres, Antrim Mall in the town centre and Junction One an out of town retail area. For those who wish to enjoy their leisure time Antrim Town has The Old Courthouse, a multi-purpose auditorium which hosts functions, theatre and music productions, its own golf course Allen Park and a choice of leisure activities at Antrim Forum.
- 16% of the population of the Borough live in this DEA in 9,007 households.
- There was an 11% population growth in this area over the 10 years 2004-2014.
- There are 5 community centres within this DEA.
- Almost a quarter of the area’s homes are owned outright (24%, 2011).
- A third, (33%) of the population of this DEA have dependent children.
- 79% of the population of this DEA are in very good/good health.
Did You Know:
Antrim means "lone ridge”.
A mile from the town, in Steeple Park is one of the most perfect of the round towers of Ireland. There is also the "Witches' Stone" here, a prehistoric monument.
There are 30 sports facilities (including school facilities) in Antrim Town DEA in addition to Antrim Forum and Allen Park golf course.
30% of people who live here have no qualifications (2011) and 17.5% of those employed work in occupations which require no formal qualifications.
31% are economically inactive and not seeking employment.
Antrim Town DEA Profile