- Text size: A A

Thinking of Home Improvements this Spring?

16 May 2017

Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council are prompting residents to notify the Council’s Building Control department if work is being carried out to their homes. There are various home improvements which require building regulation approval, including changes to your boiler, installing or relocating your oil tank, cavity wall insulation, roof space insulation or adding a radiator to an existing heating system, just to name a few.

Mayor of Antrim and Newtownabbey, Councillor John Scott commented, “Due to the better weather, spring is usually the time of year when residents decide to carry out home improvements. It is important that residents understand the importance of notifying Building Control to ensure that any work being carried out is compliant with standards. The Building Control department within the Council has the duty of protecting people and the environment as well as ensuring the health and safety of people in and around a building.”

A building regulation application can be made online by visiting www.antrimandnewtownabbey.gov.uk/BuildingControl or you can apply in person at either Antrim Civic Centre or Mossley Mill. If you have any queries please contact building control E. [email protected] or T. 028 9034 0140. Please note, if you have already carried out work in your home that may have required a building regulation application, you can make a retrospective application via the details above.