Availability of Sand Bags
08 January 2016
- Council do not provide sand bags to the public.
- The primary responsibility to protect property lies with the owner/occupier of that property and in flood risk areas the public are encouraged to make arrangements to protect themselves and their properties.
- The public are encouraged to take proactive preventative measures.
- Sand bags can be purchased like any other household item from appropriate suppliers.
- Members of the public requiring assistance with regard to a flooding incident should phone the Flood Incident Line
- Drainage Agency response efforts will be directed in accordance with reports received through the flood incident line.
- The single number – 0300 2000 100 - provides the public with one point of contact to report that their property is flooded or flooding.
- The number is available 24 hours a day and will provide a service to the citizen where they can call and report a flood.
- The call will be logged and passed to the relevant flood agency (Rivers Agency, Transport NI, and NI Water).
- If anyone is in real danger then the emergency services should be contacted on 999.