Many people are injured each year due to faulty consumer goods.
We aim to ensure all goods on sale to the public are safe for their intended use.
What We Do
- Carry out inspections of premises to ensure consumer goods being supplied are safe.
- Investigate complaints relating to unsafe goods.
- Carry out surveys of targeted consumer goods to ensure they meet safety requirements.
- Respond to hazard warnings in relation to identified unsafe goods.
- Sample a range of consumer goods which may be tested in house or sent to an approved test house for examination to ensure they meet relevant safety requirements.
- Launch campaigns and initiatives to raise awareness of consumer safety issues.
- Provide advice to suppliers about the safety requirements that apply to the goods they supply.
- Provide advice to the public in relation to consumer safety issues.
E-Cigarettes - what you need to know
In performing our duties we adhere to the council’s enforcement policy. This policy explains how we make decisions when enforcing the law.
If your query or complaint relates to counterfeit goods, faulty goods or those with false or misleading descriptions please contact:
Trading Standards Service Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment
176 Newtownbreda Road