Business Waste Collection Service
Local businesses now have a more convenient, flexible, reliable and fully comprehensive waste collection & recycling service, helping our customers to save money and recycle more of their waste.
We offer a brown “organics” bin as part of our commercial service.
All organic waste (i.e. food, garden and/or animal) must now be segregated from your existing trade waste receptacle and placed in the brown bins. By keeping organic waste out of your existing bin, Council can achieve low waste treatment costs and reduce waste to landfill.
The items that can be recycled in the brown bins:
- Food waste
- Meat - raw/cooked
How Can This Save My Business Money?
This organics collection part of your current contract and your brown bin will be collected at no additional cost. By removing the “organic” waste you may need less lifts of your general waste container which will ultimately result in cost savings to your business. We will supply your business with an initial FREE supply of caddy/bucket liners. However once your supply of liners runs out, you can contact us for a new supply or collect from Mossley Mill and Antrim Civic Centre – please see costs below.
We do not charge for the rental of containers.
Commercial customers only:
- 7ltr commercial food caddy liners: £1.00
- 23ltr commercial food caddy liners: £3.60
If you are using your own liners, they need to be biodegradable.
Please contact us if you would like to be considered for the organics collection.
Why Get Onboard With Our New Scheme?
- There may be significant opportunity for your business to save money through the new scheme
- The service will help you tie into your Corporate Social Responsibilities or environmental accreditations
- Every business, big or small, has a legal Duty of Care to dispose of waste through a licensed waste carrier
- Taking part in the scheme helps recover valuable materials for reprocessing, saving on valuable natural resources
- Your participation will help in reaching Northern Irelands ambitious landfill diversion targets over the coming years
- We offer a convenient, reliable and flexible service from a team of friendly and professional staff
Commercial Waste Collection Charges:
This will depend on the size of your bin. Each container is charged on a per lift basis. Below are associated costs for each container:
||Cost Per Lift
|Own 1.1 Container
|Own 240ltr black bin
|Replacement Lid 1.1 Container
|Replacement 1.1 Container
|Replacement 240ltr black bin
- Food waste is collected separately and sent to a company called NWP, where the materials are composted and sold on as their final, Rosie Lee compost product.
- All remaining materials, including recyclable and non recyclable material will be collected together and taken to a local materials recycling facility where they will be separated into individual waste streams, bailed and sold on for final reprocessing.
How Do I Sign Up For This Service?
To find out more or to register for our business recycling services contact us on 028 9034 0056/57, or email [email protected] with the subject title “Business registration”. You will receive information on delivery of your new containers, associated costs for your commercial waste container lifts and your allocated day/s for collection.
For more information or to register on this service email [email protected] or telephone the Environment Officer T. 028 9446 3113.