The Council is delighted to announce the new “Nurture Programme” which aims to support those businesses at the early start-up phase of trading. The programme will offer a combination of specialist mentoring support and interactive workshops to assist those residents of the Borough with commercial premises or those committed to securing commercial premises in the Borough.
The Nurture programme will provide participants with a business audit and operational plan, 1-2-1 mentoring and workshops to enable them to:
- Work on areas of the business which are under-performing
- Share areas of the business which are excelling to ensure a vibrant commercial borough
- Understand as tenants their responsibilities including all legal and operational issues they have to adhere to
- Understand the recruitment process of taking on staff
- Manage their cashflow in the early days
- Attract new customers to their business
In addition participants will benefit from a best practice visit to learn from a group of independent service providers and retailers, with a very diverse range of services.
All participants can apply for a £200 bursary which can contribute to the setup or refining the business offering for those already up and running.
Applications are now open for any new business who is starting up or has not been trading more than 1 year and who has or are committed to securing commercial premises in the Borough. You can download the application form here.
Running from August 2017 to March 2018 the programme will be delivered by Antrim Enterprise Agency.
For more information regarding the Nurture Programme contact Jennifer McWilliams at Antrim Enterprise Agency on 028 9446 7774 or email [email protected]