Business Programmes & Support
The Council’s Economic Development team acts as a First Stop Shop - a gateway for local assistance, providing advice to businesses and the community in general as well as supporting the main government economic support agencies.
The Economic Development team provides the following services:
Provides support and advice to those thinking of setting up a business including a social enterprise
Provides business support programmes to help small firms tackle a range of issues, including business growth, sales and marketing, sources of finance, IT, procurement and human resources
- Delivers environmental improvements, marketing and events to support the regeneration of our town centres
- Promotes and develops tourism within the Borough and supports the growth of the tourism sector
- Promotes the Borough as an attractive inward investment location.
- Promotes training and employment opportunities to local people.
- Works in partnership with and complements the work of other economic development organisations and agencies.
- Develops the Council’s international links and networks
To register on the Council’s online business directory to be added to the mailing list and receive email information on future programmes or email [email protected]
To speak to someone in the Economic Development team call 028 9448 1330 or 028 9034 0072. Check out the links to Business Programmes & Support for further details of individual programmes and initiatives.